Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Checklist for artifact presentation

In preparation for students to begin presenting their artifacts next week, teachers have been sharing and modeling how to present their own family artifacts.  We worked as a class to decide what made a presentation great and students worked together to decide what they needed to include.  One of the students also commented that the audience also needed a checklist to ensure that they were being attentive, engaged learners during each presentation.  I loved hearing that insight as it showed an awareness of learning being two ways in a presentation.  We then discussed what an audience needed to be doing and again developed a checklist for the students to follow.  Please see the final checklists below.  Your child will be evaluating themselves and their peers, as well as receiving teacher feedback based on these identified requirements. 


The presenter:
  •        I can hold up my artifact so everyone can see it.
  •        I can tell the story of my artifact. – Where it is from, who made it or who owned it first, why it is special.
  •        I can speak in a loud clear voice with expression while looking at my audience.
  •        I can tell a story that makes sense.
  •        I can make my story so interesting that people want to know more.



The audience:
  •        I can sit criss-cross with my listening ears on.
  •        I can ask those who are talking to stop.
  •        I can listen quietly.
  •        I can think of questions before, during and after the presentation.
  •        I can watch the person who is presenting without getting distracted.
  •        I can wait till the end to ask questions.
  •        I can look, think and wonder about the artifact.
  •        I can record my observations, thoughts and questions in my journal.

Summer Links

As we head into summer, I thought I would post a few links for those students who may want to keep their learning skills sharp over the summ...